https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aDUdmUgfF2wBXG3cUEQrG9Ry0YamCcQYAi_Ni0P6zlc/edit

I had the opportunity to review Carla, Chloe, Jason, Megan, and Neha’s Interactive Learning Resource on measurement and perimeter. Overall I was extremely impressed with the work put out by my colleagues. Firstly, I noticed that in the overview they added a definition of perimeter, as well as what prior knowledge is needed from students. This is excellent because it allows teachers to know when it is an appropriate time to introduce this unit. They also do a great job breaking down each learning design used within their unit. I believe each technology chosen was effective to students learning and can help students overcome a variety of barriers. They effectively discuss how an absent student would benefit from this, but it may be beneficial to go into further detail as to how a dyslexic student can use these technologies to their benefit. I recognize that further into the lesson there is much more detail, but I still offer the idea of adding an extra sentence into the “Context” section to make this super clear. 

I enjoyed the pictures used throughout the lesson as it helped make their ideas clear. I liked the way this group structured their layout plan, as it clearly matched up the learning outcomes with an assessment tool. Within each section, I think it may be beneficial to move the list of materials above the activity. This way, a teacher executing this plan will be able to see everything they need to prepare the lesson right away. I noticed that all of the assessment sections mention if the assessment is formative or summative except for Lesson 1b, so adding that word in might make everything more cohesive. I loved all of the activities this group decided to do, as I think if I participated in this lesson as a child, I would think about math much more positively! I also love that they added in an extension opportunity that would allow students to share their work. 

Overall, I think this resource is fantastic and it was difficult to find things that they could improve on. They clearly put a lot of thought and effort into this resource and it is very impressive. I am grateful to have access to such a wonderful lesson. Great work to all of the group members!