Hi Cynthia,

I really enjoyed the video you chose for your topic. I agree that it could be difficult for learners to take notes, but your idea about the teacher pausing for further explanation is fantastic. I think this could also lead to larger group discussion and possible reflection during the video. There is so much value in group work, so I think this would be a great way for students to learn about affordable housing. I think it would be really interesting for the students to do a group project where they are required to budget for housing. This would allow students to really understand why affordable housing is important and the effect it has on the population. Great post this week!

Hi Carla,

I completely agree with you that after watching this video, students will be curious about measurements around them. I like your idea of measuring using a worksheet to get started, but also think measuring objects around them will provide a fantastic hands-on experience. Perhaps they could even be asked to bring a small object from home they will get to measure! This personal connection could help with student motivation and make them excited about the topic. I also LOVE that you found a way to add interactive elements into the video! This is a fantastic tool that will allow students to complete tasks you believe they are capable of. What a great resource to share, thank you very much and great work!